Table Of Contents

How to File Amended Tax Return

General Information:

This function allows you to amend returns for tax types other than the Employer REV-1667 (Transmittal) Annual Withholding Reconciliation Statement and Liquid Fuels and Fuels Tax through e-TIDES.

There are two ways to amend a return:

  1. Select "File Return/Payment" from the left navigation menu and select the period you would like to amend. On the detail screen click on the File Amendment button. 

  2. Select "View Filing History" from the left navigation menu. On the history list screen select the return period you would like to amend. On the return detail screen, click on the File Amendment button.

Amended returns cannot be filed on the same day as the original return. You must wait one business day before filing an Amended return.

Note: You cannot change payment information for Sales Payment Only, Sales Tax Pre-Payments or Employer PA-501 Deposit. To correct payment information please use the Get Assistance link.